Thursday, October 4, 2007

To Manton



After leaving Ann Arbor, I swung through Lansing to visit a music store. Then I headed up north on Route 66 towards Manton. Bert, my buddy from the Marines, is as crazy as ever. His callsign from the squadron is Fonda because he's a liberal hippy. He and Karen own three properties and Fonda recently opened a tree removal business. While I was visiting, Fonda loaned one of his employees some money so that he could pay a fine and avoid going to jail. All in all, it was good to see him and Karen and Autry. It was like old times.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I liked the motorcycle riding photography and the sign to Hell. I liked the cemetery and the Gregorian chant music. Nick and I used to explore the occasional old cemetery and read the headstones. Fascinating. I liked the bluegrass music that you put with Fonda's parents' property, and the "big hole" they dug that turned into a beautiful manmade lake.

I liked the folding of your motorcycle cover and then the time elapses. Very cool.