Thursday, October 11, 2007

Deer God!!

One...two deer began to cross the road in front of me this morning. I slowed down. If there were two deer, there were probably three or even four. Where was the third? A quick scan to the right put my mind at rest that it was only two and not more. I stopped honking my horn and held my speed...45 mph. The two were already across the road, not about to turn around and come at me as I approached. The third deer popped onto the road as I had just let my guard down. He was there, well hidden and decided to come out on the road just in time to hit me. I had nothing to do except grip the handlebars and wait for impact. Swerving was not an option. I was too close. Luckily, the deer saw me and decided to step it out to the other side. I thought that I might clip his back leg as I went by. I didn't. Brad, the guy I met from Vancouver whom I've been traveling with, tthought that I hit it. My heart almost burst from my chest, such was the adrenaline rush!!

Yesterday, we saw the Battle of Little Big Horn. Today, we head into Yellowstone. We are truly fortunate that the days are warm and clear though last night was very cold. This is a beautiful part of the country. Perhaps I will move here, move into a secluded cabin and become a hermit. Write a manifesto. Study math. Send packages. Just kidding. I would never write a manifesto!

I have many videos to edit and post. Soon.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Deer God - great title. Suspense writing that turned into cleverly funny writing. Keep the bursts coming, but don't send any packages. ;)

VB said...

Thanks ma.